I am a creative and driven professional writer with a penchant for city building, architecture, and heritage conservation.
FREELANCE WRITER – ERA Architects Inc. | 02/19 – Present
- Updating approximately 40 project profile sheets; cleaning up grammatical errors and adding new content where necessary.
- Working collaboratively with the marketing team and interviewing lead architects to collect research, coordinate images, and fact-check information for each project profile.
- Standardizing the writing tone and style while synthesizing complex information into engaging narratives for use in proposals, RFPS, award submissions, blog and website content, and other promotional marketing materials as assigned.
FREELANCE EXHIBIT RESEARCHER – L.M. Montgomery Museum & Literary Centre | 03/19 – Present
- Developing a feasibility study for the future L.M. Montgomery Museum & Literary Centre in Norval, Ontario; conducting research and sourcing artifacts that will culminate in two exhibits for the future museum.
- Consulting with the Collections Researcher and Exhibit Designer to prepare client surveys, community workshops, and develop the final report for municipal Heritage Foundation Board Members.
STAFF WRITER – Orange Gate Consulting| 10/18 – 01/19
- Contributed written reports and editorial articles for online and print publications such as HR.com and B2B News.
- Developed social media and website content based on extensive human/technology interaction research.
- Contributed written text for dialogues and scripts for robot speech apps using Dialogflow.
RESEARCH ASSISTANT – Modern Literature & Culture Research Centre | 05/18 – 08/18
- Assisted with content management and engagement for MLC’s Twitter (6500+ followers); developed copy based on Dr. Irene Gammel’s research on Modernism.
- Drafted personalized letters for over 50 Canadian publishers inviting them to participate in the Book Exhibit at the upcoming 2019 conference hosted by the Modernist Studies Association (MSA).
SELF EMPLOYED – Freelance Writer & Editor | 07/16 – Present
- Contributed written articles for a variety of literary, heritage-related, and popular culture publications: Quill and Quire, a Canadian literary publication; The Canadian Encyclopedia at Historica Canada, a comprehensive online education tool; Metroland, a local newspaper based in Toronto; Reel Honey Magazine, an online film criticism publication for women; Sullivan Entertainment, a film and online boutique company; and LemonWire, an online music review publication.
GIVING REPRESENTATIVE – Queen’s University Telefundraising Service | 09/14 – 04/15
- Effectively communicated with hundreds of Queen’s University alumni over the phone and built strong relationships that led to over $3000 in donations.
DIGITAL MARKETING CHAIR – L.M. Montgomery Museum & Literary Centre | 12/16 – Present
- Managing the museum’s social media strategy by coordinating brand and content across multiple social media platforms (@lmmheritage); increased cumulative following to 1,500 across channels and tracking the success and analytics with yearly digital marketing reports.
- Assisting with the development of a new website; creating copy that promotes the vision of the museum and the municipal heritage foundation.
DIGITAL MARKETING ASSISTANT – Heritage Toronto | 06/17 – 05/19
- Contributed to the monthly column “This Month in Toronto’s History” for Metroland media covering gender, crime, infrastructure, and legislation; both online and in print circulation.
- Assisted the Marketing Director with social media campaigns such as the bi-weekly email newsletter; sent out to members, volunteers, and the City of Toronto councillors.
- Developed a high-level social media audit for Heritage Toronto with strategic recommendations for optimization of each channel.
STUDENT AMBASSADOR – Queen’s Student Alumni Association | 09/15 – 04/16
- Member of the “Student Transition” portfolio; rebranded and executed the key skill-building networking workshop, “Q Your Future,” to increase attendance and participation across faculties.
- Attended networking events both in Ontario and abroad to foster positive relationships with current and future students and Queen’s University alumni.
MARKETING CERTIFICATE – ADVANCED
University of Toronto | 2019 – 2020
MASTER OF ARTS ENGLISH, LITERATURES OF MODERNITY
Ryerson University | 2017 – 2018
BACHELOR OF ARTS (HONOURS) IN HISTORY AND ENGLISH LANGUAGE AND LITERATURE
Queen’s University & Bader International Study Centre | 2012 – 2016